Garlic Roasted Carrots
Till recently, I was never really a big fan of carrots. But after integrating them into some simple meals, they have become a staple vegetable in the kitchen.
The carrot is often claimed to be the perfect health food. It is crunchy, tasty and packed with nutritious vitamins and minerals. They are also low-glycemic so eat as many as you want.
Carrots make a good savory dish and go good with rice, pasta, beef, chicken and walnuts. They mix well with other produce like peas, garlic, potatoes, raisins, kale, spinach and onion.
They can also make a tasty side dish or dipping snack with some chipotle mayo.
This is a really easy stripped down bare essentials recipe that is based on Jamie Oliver's Whole Baked Carrots recipe. TAKES 45 MIN / SERVES 4
- 24 baby carrots or 12 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 4 knobs of butter
- balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Toss your carrots with olive oil or butter, a splash of vinegar, salt and pepper, the thyme and garlic.
- Place in a baking sheet.
- Cover tightly with tinfoil (optional).
- Place into oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Garnished with parsley, if desired.